two TED talks on the same subject (SI-3)

 Points: 10 

ETHICS Vs MORALS: Difference Between Morals Vs Ethics In English - 7 E S L

https://youtu.be/WyprXhvGVYk

What are the most important moral problems of our time? 


“I estimate we thereby saved over 60 million lives. Thats more lives saved than if we’d achieved world peace in the same time period” 



What is social media? Here are 34 definitions... – Econsultancy


https://youtu.be/Czg_9C7gw0o

Is Social Media hurting your mental health? 


“My life is social media: personality, professionally, and academically. If it was doing this to me? What is it doing to everyone else?” 


Both of these TED talks speak around subject revolving around things that are social issues. We all have personally experienced with these two subjects and mine is just like any other. I began comparing myself to the concept and illusion that social media labeled to be beautiful. I have always been a taller girl with a wide back, rib cage, and broad shoulders. My body is more on the masculine side in my opinion and I began to compare myself to the women that are stereotypically depicted as beautiful. They are beautiful, but i DIDNT believe that I was for a very long time because of it. Neither did I enjoy certain social events because of constant scrolling through social media even when I had nothing else to see. This is an issue with many people of younger age range and people were born in the beginning of the rise of social media. Ethics also comes into play, is beauty and social media truly something that we need and drives us as people? We should be focusing on actual issues such as the racial injustice and caring for other people. We as the human race must be able to cooperate and be able to learn to love/care for eachother, in my opinion. We are beginning to lack more and more empathy as the years go on and we are learning to hate more than to love and understand. We are prioritizing things that shouldn’t be considered moral values instead of things we all as one should be concerned about. Social issues such as children mental health and the lack of cooperation/empathy is something we all should be looking to improve. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Citizenship Test (DE-27)

Registered Voter (DE-1)